As expected, Stage 2 finished with a bunch sprint - they all do on the pancake-flat island - with Monia Baccaille (MCipollini-Giambenini-Gauss) taking the honours and the GC leadership after a crash split the bunch. According to reports, an unspecified number of riders were taken to hospital with suspected broken collarbones. Evgenia Romanyuta (RusVelo) was airlifted to hospital, raising worries that she may be badly injured.
Chloe Hosking (Specialized-Lululemon) was second and Shelly Olds (AA-Drink Leontien.nl) third. Baccaille now leads the General Classification by 3" and AA Drink-Leontien.nl takes the Team classification leadership from MCipollini-Giambenini-Gauss with an advantage of 7".
1. Monia Baccaille MCipollini-Giambenini-Gauss 2h57'28"
2. Chloe Hosking Specialized-Lululemon ST
3. Shelley Olds AA Drink-Leontien.nl ST
4. Melissa Hoskins Orica-GreenEdge ST
5. Rochelle Gilmore Faren-Honda ST
6. Romy Kaspar RusVelo ST
7. Jessie Maclean Orica-GreenEdge ST
8. Mei Yu Hsiao Axman Team Taiwan ST
9. Jutatip Maneephan ST
10. Marlen Johrend ABUS - Nutrixxion ST
Thursday's Stage 3 consists of eleven laps of a 7.2km urban parcours at Shanghai East Beach.
Post a Comment